Friday, June 14, 2013

Things you MUST EAT ; Hatyai, Thailand Pt.2

Warning : Gross/explicit content available (Not really lah I think you guys can handle it )




Yesterday I just blogged about my Hatyai trip Part 1 (click) ! And even that also haven finish talking about my day 1 in Hatyai, Thailand. Although this is my 3rd time to Hatyai, one thing I must really love about this place is their enormous amount of yummy street food! Seriously, I've been to Phuket not long ago and quite disappointed by it's lack of street food. I guess such expectations are caused by Hatyai, which is more like a place to eat rather than shop.

First thing first, PORK is a comfort food widely available in Thailand. Of course, not mentioning all (or most) meals in MCD are pork, their 'nasi lemak' is minced pork version, and noodles, and rice, pork pork pork! I didn't had the nasi lemak this time cause I wanna try other foodie and I get full very fast lol. And I'm sorry to my Muslim friends if you're reading this. So non-halal. Anyway they also have non-pork yummy foodie in Thailand of course!

xx

1. Chicken rice
I like Hatyai's chicken rice. Chicken rice is never my favourite in Malaysia. Only in certain rare places they provide nice chicken rice here in Malaysia. Mostly are prepared without effort (sorry to ppl who sell chicken rice but sometimes you guys really make me feel very angry).

So yea, Hatyai's chicken rice is like 'one biji one biji' and their chicken and pork is omg so juicy and toned I don't know how to describe it... I'm not a good food blogger.



2. Coconut Ice cream
What's so special about Hatyai's coconut ice cream huh? Three times I've been here and all this while I'll never forget to get their oh-so-special coconut ice cream ! Usually these ice cream come in mobile stalls/trucks on the streets randomly and frequently, so you can just be as lucky as anyone when you walk on the street! 

The thing about these ice creams is that they have many ingredients in them which includes sticky rice, atachi, sweet potatoes, ice cream portions and topped with crushed toasted peanuts. Of course different stalls offer some different variations(only some has sweet potatoes) but these are their main ingredients. Plus it's very cheap. Only 20 baht (Myr 2). Also, I heard ice creams in Thailand taste better. Try Swensons or other prominent ice cream brands here!



3. Floating Market
(Just visit the Floating Market called Wat Klong Hae. They have a lot yummy food, even gross food to offer! Non only that, if you're planing to buy things at very cheap prices, you can find it there. Haha! Of course, don't give too high expectations on the quality. Would suggest you guys not to buy clothes or shoes there. Maybe slippers or some.. accessories. Lol.

Floating Market aka Wat Klong Hae is open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 3pm till 9pm Thailand timing. If you must know, Malaysia's timing is one hour faster them them yo! This floating market doesn't mean we sit on the boat floating and buying things from other boats. It's not Venice!! Wat Klong Hae has 4 sections and the one section that makes up the Floating market are the boats which sells only Muslim food. Heh!

Fighting fishes! Tempted to get one back home but afraid it'll die very soon in my hands.

The first time I'm here I didn't dare to try these deep fried maggots. It's only 20 Baht (Myr 2) thou and you can mix them. Errrrrrrkk I tried the easiest to swallow, the maggot's shell. Lol.



I think this is their version of keropok lekor. Omg so crunchy but not too hard! It's 20 Baht (Myr 2) and I have like over 20 pieces that I can't finish them even thou I'm sharing with my family. 


 Fancy looking sushi but it doesn't look fresh :X

There! The floating boats are behind us. With sister and mummy. Such beautiful sky!

Over at the stalls on the boat, of course you can't get on the boat so the way to pay for it is like this! They will hand your food over in the basket over a long stick, and you put your money there. Brilliant! I have this idea when I was a kid ok!


Their all kind of drinks and juices, they put it in these beautifully decorated bottles! I supposed they're made from sugar cane and.... semi-ceramics? You don't have to return it back yo! In Malaysia we use plastics only wtf. 

 My drink!

I wonder how they feel like to be on the boat selling stuffs. Looks damn fun! lol

 Tornado potato!

 Weird looking ... vegetable? Fruit? 

 Strawberries!

Such a tiring day 1 in Hatyai. And to end this tiring day? Must go for full body massage cause it's so cheap and relaxing! 300 Baht (Myr 30) for 2 hours. Guys if you've visited Thailand without even tried their massage, I'm gonna kill you! I think they are born to massage, you really must try it. Every time I go to Hatyai, I'll go for massage every single day.

I gotta sleep now peepo. I'll continue my Hatyai posts asap! This week I'm going for Battle of the Bands so that means more jamming time and hopefully we'll win win win!

Xoxo

thumbnail
Title: Things you MUST EAT ; Hatyai, Thailand Pt.2
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Writer

Artikel Terkait food, funyeeing, happyeeing, holiday, love, sharing is caring, Thailand, travel :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Seo Elite oleh Bamz